I started my career in hairdressing at the age of 14. I wanted a part-time job so I could earn some extra pennies for cinema trips/clothes etc. Little did I know that my Saturday job would turn into the start of a decade-long career. When I left school I started full time in one of our cities most recognised salons. I wanted to train with the best and receive the best courses available to me. My love affair with the world of hair started. Being the person that can really transform someone’s looks is a massive yet rewarding task. People are so protective of their hair. From who they trust its care to and the products that they use to maintain its healthy look and colour longevity. As I have gotten older myself I have had issues with my own hair. Having 6 children has meant that I suffer from hair loss. Be it just from brushing or after I have had a baby. Today I’m talking about simple hair care tips for both male and females. Things that we can do in the comfort of our own homes to help strengthen the cuticle of the hair and for those who have maybe have a more drastic loss and opt for another line of treatment.
Simple Hair Care Tips
There are multiple opinions for people who have been suffering from breakage and hair loss. By using the simple tips below you should see an improvement in your hairs condition.
- Use a wide-toothed comb when brushing through wet hair after washing. This causes less trauma to the hair
- Choose the right combination of products for your hair type and condition
- Always use a conditioner after shampooing. If you suffer from oily roots concentrate on the ends of your hair
- Use a hair mask at least once a week. This will give your hair an intensive conditioning treatment to help repair any damage. Again use one for your particular hair condition
- Use a protection spray when using any heat on the hair shaft
- Don’t use elastic bands in your hair
- If you have long hair try and use a paddle brush to keep it tangle free. This includes male and females
- When on holiday try and protect your hair as much as possible by wearing a cap/hat or using a protective barrier
- If your suffering from breakage avoid using bleach on your hair. This weakens the hair and will result in more breakage in the long-term
- Don’t attempt to colour your hair at home. Hairdressers have had many years in training and it’s not as easy at it may look. Hair goes through many stages in the colouring process and its difficult for an untrained eye to know when to remove the product
- For males, if you use wax do a dry shampoo first (apply a 10p size amount of shampoo to the palms of your hands, work through the hair as normal) rinse and shampoo again. This helps break down the product
- Try and not shampoo on a daily basis when possible
For some hair loss is an occurrence. Everybody deals with this in different ways. Some people learn to live with it others make the decision to have some treatment. The Harley Street Hair clinic which are leaders in their field are offering FUE hair transplants. The Advanced Tricho Pigmentation treatment can transform your appearance and is the perfect option for those who wish to reverse the effect of hair loss.
I hope those of you which have had some issues relating to your hair have found my simple hair care tips helpful.
** This is a collaborative post please see my disclosure section for full information.