Over the last few years, I have really come to realise and appreciate all the good things in my life. I try and not moan about menial things as their are people out there suffering and in comparison, my little blips don’t compare. I thought I would share some things that make me happy in my life.
- I am always very grateful for the fact that I have been blessed with my children. Yes all 6 of them. I became a mum at 23, young by some standards and my children have made me grow so much as a person. I don’t think I would be as grounded as I am today if it wasn’t for them
- I met my husband 10 years ago now and I can say easily that he makes me whole. We have a very understanding marriage and rarely argue, we just gel and fit together like a jigsaw so we know when to give the other space and it definitely allows us to remain as happy and content as we are today.
- Creating balance for me is very important. This is exactly why I created my blogs. I missed work and being creative so decided in October 2016 to start my first blog. Since then I have expanded my collection and it made me feel more like myself again. I have my own little world to create and hopefully inspire others.
- Since hitting 40 in September 2016 I have become more aware of taking care of myself. Before having the children I was blessed with being uber slim, in my quest to recreate the skinny I have embarked on a healthy eating and living lifestyle. I feel so much better for eating well and including fitness into my life on a weekly basis. Nothing makes me happier than having a fabulous workout in the gym or at home. It’s a buzz like no other and every day I am extremely grateful for my health.
- Being able to be flexible and explore is something I have always done even as a child, we were always away on amazing holidays with my parents. I want my children to experience the same and create some fabulous memories together as a family. We do try and go away every year and there is nothing more pleasing that hearing your children relive their holiday a few years later. Hopefully these memories that we have created will remain with them into their adult lives.
I hope you have enjoyed a small snippet into what makes me happy. What makes you smile?