As someone who came from a management background with rota planning etc, It was a real shock to my system to work for myself. At home, it’s much easier to lose focus. To flit from one activity to another and we certainly don’t have anyone watching over us. I went fully self-employed in October. From that point, I knew I really had to implement some strategies to make sure I was making the most out my time and producing high-quality work all within a certain timeframe. Apart from blogging I also have my Etsy print shop to promote. So to get the best out of both paths planning is key. I write up a plan at the start of every week including which posts that I have to write, research that I may have to do and emails that need to be sent. Today I’m talking about Tips on How To Blog Plan I hope some of you guys that are bloggers enjoy or maybe you can add some tips to mine as well. For me its very much about supporting each other and learning as we go 🙂
Tips on How To Blog Plan
Blog Planning and Etsy Promotion
I have a weekly planner in the house which I separate everything out into daily tasks. I need to cram as much as I can into my day whilst the boys are at school. When they are home my focus has to be with them and homework, meal prep etc. To try and be as efficient as I can I reply to emails at the start of every day, for me, this is key as PRs and business owners like swift replies and comms and it shows you can stay on task and quickly. I also plan out my blog posts for the week and refer back to my emails to see which are due sooner. use the following pointers as a way to plan
- Which posts have a quicker turnaround
- How many shots do I need to take for the weeks posts
- Plan photographs. Can they be taken at home? or do I need to plan with my husband for shots outside?
- Work in pitching emails to brands and PRs
- Children’s posts I have to plan for the weekends. I try and write the content during the week and shoot the pictures at the weekend weather dependant.
As well as keeping my daily planner I also have a monthly one so I know what coming and if it’s feasible to take any more work on without compromising on quality. On top of doing my monthly plan I am starting to do my accounts on a monthly basis so when it comes to returns everything is already collated and ready to go.
- Beauty items I need to try for at least 2 weeks before writing content, so this all needs preplanned into my monthly schedule.
- Make sure accounts are up to date
- Plan shoots for the children
- If I’m trying a food item try and incorporate it into a few recipes
- Work on my social media platforms including Pinterest and creating pins for past posts
- Work on SEO for old posts
- Promote posts and update Social Oomph
- Work out which linkies I may want to get involved with (add to diary)
Are you a blogger and are you a planner or do you wing it?