Today I’m back with a Dr Beckmann Washing Machine Products Review. I think half of the UK has gone cleaning crazy since Mrs Hinch appeared. I know I have. Watching her has made me think about areas that I neglect and my washing machine is most definitely one of these. I admit I have never given it a full inside clean since we got it. Nor have I cleared the filter at the bottom. So when Dr Beckham got in touch I jumped at the chance to try a few of their products. Having such a large family means that my washing machine is on constantly so monthly maintenance is something that I really should have been doing from the start. But hey ho we learn from our mistakes and going forward its firmly slotted on my deep clean list.
Dr Beckmann has been around for over 30 years and is now the leading stain remover company on the market in Europe. They have won multiple awards for their product ranges and are dedicated to providing the best products they can.
Colour and Dirt Catcher
I’m a huge fan of colour catchers. I have on many occasions missed a colour slipping in on a white wash or a dark on a light and these are an absolute life saver. Just place the sheet in your wash and it will catch any dirt or dye from your clothing. This of course means that your whites/colours retain that vibrant look for longer which is what we all want from our clothing. You can also add an extra sheet for heavier dyed items. They are priced at £3.20 for a box of 30 which I think is very affordable.
Directions For Use
- Place the Colour & Dirt Collector sheet at the back of the washing machine then load the clothes, adding detergent as normal.
- Loose colour & dirt will be collected and locked on to the sheet during the wash cycle – at any temperature.
- Simply remove the sheet at the end of the wash and throw away. You can see the transferred colour & dirt on the sheet.
Service It Deep Clean
As I mentioned above I have never deep cleaned my washing machine. So when I received this I was super excited to put it to the test. Recently I dyed a pair of trousers black and on occasion some of my whites have come out with black marks on them, obviously from the dye being trapped in places. Whilst the deep clean was working its magic I actually couldn’t believe how much dye was actually left in the machine. The water colour was dark and I could see black particles floating in the water. After the wash had completed I just wiped around the rim and removed and residue. I’m delighted with the deep clean product. My machine was left smelling fresh/clean and ready to tackle another months washing. It is recommended that you deep clean your machine every 3 months or so to keep it hygienically fresh.
Directions For Use
- Pour all the Deep Clean powder directly into the washing machine drum. Do not fill machine with laundry.
- Select a main wash cycle at a minimum 60 degrees without a pre-wash cycle or additional detergent and start the machine.
- One treatment leaves the washing machine hygienically clean, fresh and ready to use.
- Use Service-it every three months or 40 wash cycles to keep you washing machine Deep Clean.
Service It Washing Machine Cleaner
The service it product is a multi use product for freshening up all areas of your machine. If your a powder users you know the joy of powder build up in the drawer etc. You can remove your drawer and soak it in a diluted product mix to help dissolve and clean. The product can also be wiped around the rubber seal to remove any residue or product build up. The remaining product can be used as a washing machine freshener on a 60 degree cycle which will remove nay odours etc and will leave your machine fresh.
Directions For Use
- Pour a small amount of Service-It onto a clean cloth and wipe the rubber seal around the door, rinse thoroughly with a damp cloth.
- Remove detergent drawer and soak for approx 30 minutes in a solution of 50ml product diluted in 4 litres of water. Rinse off any residue and insert back into the washing machine.
- Pour the remaining content of the bottle into the detergent drawer and start main wash cycle (recommended 60C). Do not fill machine with washing, do not add detergent and do not use pre-wash cycle.
I hope you may have found this post interesting. Its always worth cleaning the filter as well which is normally location on one of the bottom comers of your machine. Again I found some dye build up and an entire pen in pieces.
** I was gifted these items as always all thoughts are 100% my own and cannot be influenced 🙂