I have recently started meditating as a form of relaxation. As a busy mum of 6 I need some down time a day as we all do. Time to refocus and recharge my mind. Coupled with the fact that I am not a great sleeper, so I am open to trying anything to create an overall life change. Meditation is also great for people who struggle with Stress, Sleep, Anxiety and Chronic Pain.
To Meditate means to “focus one’s mind for a period of time, in silence or with the aid of chanting, for religious or spiritual purposes or as a method of relaxation.”
5 minutes is all we need, obviously great if you can dedicate more time. I take myself upstairs close my bedroom door, light a candle and meditate. I pop headphones on and use whichever app for whatever mood that I want to recreate. One of the great things about Apps and Meditation is that you can do it anywhere, anytime.
At night I find the Relax Melodies app really good. Lovely soft, flowing music that helps you transport your mind and your body.
The following are a selection of some Apps that won best Meditation apps of 2016
- Calm (Free) – Great App for beginners to start off with. You can choose between sounds and the length of time. Also allows you to pick scenes which you meditate to.
- Headspace (Free) – Headspace is another great app for people who are just starting out. Starting out on the level one course, giving you 10 minutes per day of meditation time, allowing you to work it in with your lifestyle easily.
- Omvana (Free) – Allowing you to choose the amount of time that you can dedicate to each session, from 3 minutes to an hour. Omvana gives you access to sounds, usic and guided sessions. Options included are: mindfulness, stress, relaxation and sleep.
- Smiling Mind (Free)- To help create happiness and compassion
- Take A Break (Free) – Designed for those who need a quick break. Easy to follow instructions for newbies.
Mind Body Connect is also an App that allows you to connect with services in your local area. Be it Yoga class, fitness etc.
Have any of you guys incorporated Meditation into your daily lifestyle?