As a busy mum of 6 children, I thought I would compile a list of Everyday Mum Hacks. Ideas that make our lives as mums so much easier. I often say there aren’t enough hours in the day, or that day has slipped away far too quickly. But we have to manage with the time we have and if there are ways to make things easier I’m all for them.
Everyday Mum Hacks
- I make all lunches the night before school. Getting 6 children out in the mornings can be a struggle on bad days so if I’m prepped in other ways it helps us as a family lots
- Chop a prep daily snacks and store in the fridge. This helps loads on the weekends but also for when you or the children need a quick snack (also limits the urge to grab a sugary unhealthy snack
- When making the evening meal try and bulk make for either the next day or for lunches or even better to store in the freezer
- If your children have after-school clubs or afternoon appointments which mine often do we use the slow cooker on these days. It means we return home to a lovely healthy and warm meal and means I’m not coming home later and stressing to get a meal on the table
- Have all uniforms ready and sitting in piles
- I iron the uniforms for the week ahead and add socks, underwear and vests into my pile. Means everything we need for a day is all together. these are all stored in a box ready to lift out when needed
- Try and limit your washing. Having 8 of us at home you can imagine how big our washing and drying pile is. Not all items of clothing need to be washed after only one wear so try and get the children into the habit of not ditching jeans, hoodies etc in the wash pile if they are free from dirty marks etc.
- Have all shoes, coats and school bags sitting at the front door for the morning. This means your less likely to forget something
- Plan your shopping list. This is something I have recently gotten into more. I found myself rushing to the shops grabbing what I thought we needed. If you take 5 minutes out and check your store cupboard and then plan your family meals for the week ahead it will stop you buying unnecessary items but will also reduce your shopping bill
- If you work full time and don’t want to have to spend your weekends getting the house sorted try an plan your cleaning for say 20minutes a day during the week. Break the house down into zones and tackle 1 or 2 of these an evening.This means your weekends are your own, you’re on top of the household chores and you get more you/family time. There are loads of tips and checklists on Pinterest if you need ideas:)