I can’t believe we are now nearly half way through November and Christmas is only a number of weeks away. I have made a good dent in the Christmas gift shopping for the family so now my direction changes to treats and food for the run-up and the day itself. My kids all have a sweet tooth, unlike me who craves all things savory. Over the next few weeks, I’m going to share some treats you can make with the children in the run-up to Christmas. These all make really good snacks for the North Pole breakfast if any of you guys are doing Elf on the shelf with the kids. What I like about the selection that I’m going to feature is that no baking is required, so fab for any of those people who suck in this area (me included) they only require a few ingredients so are easy on the purse and they are super easy to make. Today I’m sharing our Reindeer Rice Krispies complete with red nose 🙂 these, of course, can be stored in an airtight container after making. I hope you enjoy
Reindeer Rice Krispies
This is one of the easiest recipes and takes very little time. The ingredients are easily bought from your local supermarket.
Edible eyes (I got ours from ASDA)
Icing pen for drawing
- Melt white chocolate in a microwave in a glass bowl.
- Mix the desired amount of Rice Krispies into the melted white chocolate mix
- Place mixture in a flat based tray for cooling in the fridge
- Leave mixture to chill and set
- Cut the slab of Rice Krispies into squares or rectangles
- Draw antlers on the Rice Krispies using an icing pen (We got ours from ASDA)
- Attach the edible eyes to the Rice Krispies by using icing
- Attach the red smarties to the Rice Krispies by using your icing pen
Voila, your Reindeer Rice Krispies are now complete and ready to be eaten or stored until required.